The French Bulldog is a playful, small-sized breed of dog which has become increasingly popular in recent years. However, many people are unaware of the breed’s specific size and weight. Knowing the size and weight of the French Bulldog helps with assessing what kind of lifestyle and living arrangements this breed would best suit.
Average Weight Range
The average weight for a French Bulldog is between 16-28 pounds and the ideal weight falls between 22-28 pounds. This puts French Bulldogs at the smaller end of the medium size scale. Within a litter, the French Bulldog puppies may vary in size and weight. Some puppies may reach their adulthood size after about 12 to 14 months, while others may take up to two years.
Bully Standard Weight
The Bully Standard is a breed standard that many breeders use when attempting to breed a perfect French Bulldog. The breeders measure the height, weight, and other factors of the Bulldog to make sure they fit the standard. According to the Bully Standard, the weight of a French Bulldog should be between 18 and 28 pounds. Anything over or under this range would not meet the standard.
Weight Differences Between Males and Females
On average, male French Bulldogs are larger than female Frenchies. On average, a male French Bulldog should weigh between 22 and 28 pounds while the female should weigh 18 to 24 pounds. However, some breeds may be overweight or underweight. In general, smaller and healthier French Bulldogs tend to have more energy and can keep up with an active lifestyle better than those that are overweight.
Other Factors to Consider
The weight of a French Bulldog can vary depending on its diet, lifestyle, and genetics. Here are a few things that can affect a French Bulldog’s weight:
- Diet: The type and the amount of food you give a French Bulldog will determine how much it weighs. It’s important to monitor the amount of food you give your French Bulldog and make sure it doesn’t overeat.
- Activity Level: A French Bulldog should get plenty of exercise. An active lifestyle can help maintain regular weight, as well as help reduce obesity.
- Genetics: The genetics of a French Bulldog can determine its size and weight. Some French Bulldogs may be naturally bigger or smaller than others, regardless of the breed standard.
In conclusion, the average weight range of a French Bulldog is between 16-28 pounds, but the ideal weight is between 22-28 pounds. Generally, males are slightly heavier than females, but this can also depend on the specific diet and lifestyle of your French Bulldog. Registered French Bulldogs should meet the Bully Standard set out by the breeders, which sets the maximum weight at 28 pounds. All in all, it is important to monitor your French Bulldog’s weight and make sure it falls within a healthy range.
Related Info And Products:
- How Much Does French Bulldogs Weigh?
- How Much Should French Bulldogs Weigh?
- How Much Should My French Bulldog Puppy Weigh?
- How Much Should My French Bulldog Weigh?
- How Much Does A French Bulldog Weigh?
- How Heavy Do French Bulldogs Get?
- How Big Do Male French Bulldogs Get?
- How Tall Do French Bulldogs Get?
- How Big Do French Bulldogs Grow?
- How Big Do Female French Bulldogs Get?
- How Many Years Do French Bulldogs Live?
- How Long Do French Bulldogs Live?
- How Big Do Teacup French Bulldogs Get?
- How Old Do French Bulldogs Live?
- How Big Do Mini French Bulldogs Get?