Some General Facts:
The French Bulldog (or Frenchie) is a compact, stocky little dog with a large square head and classic bulldog features. The breed first appeared in France in the 1800’s, brought over by English migrants looking for work on farms. The toy sized bulldogs proved very popular with the locals and it soon became fashionable to own one by the French upper class and nobility.
The most distinguishing features of the Frenchie is their round prominent eyes, set wide apart in the head, and their upright triangular shaped ears. Their deep broad chest makes their front end wider than their back end. Overall, the Frenchie is a compact muscular dog with a flat, short hair coat. Colors can vary a lot, but typically they will be faun or a variety of brownish colors with streaks of other colors.
The French Bulldog stands about 12 inches in height and weighs around 25-27 lbs. Their lifespan is typically around 9-11 years. The breed needs a moderate amount of daily exercise eg: a 20-30 minute walk per day at a relaxed pace; and their overall grooming needs are minimal.
The Frenchie makes an excellent easy-going house dog. They are generally playful and affectionate and are known for their penchant for receiving attention! Lively and curious, they will love being the clown and center of attention. They will also get along well with other animals and strangers. Unlike a lot of small breeds, the Frenchie is not a ‘Yapper’. They will only bark when there is a real cause for excitement.
There are also some important points to remember with French Bulldogs. Despite being a reasonably energetic breed, their build does not make them a good jogging companion. A good walk suits them much better. They can be very susceptible to overheating, so they will need plenty of shade and water in hot weather. Overheating can also bring on breathing difficulties, so it’s best to pick the cooler times of the day for any outdoor exercising.
Overall the Frenchie is an ideal breed for city life. Happy to be indoors most of they day, they don’t require a large yard… just lots of love and attention!
Related Info And Products:
- Royal Canin French Bulldog Adult Breed Spec
- Royal Canin French Bulldog Puppy Breed Specific
- Royal Canin French Bulldog Adult Breed Specific
- Royal Canin French Bulldog Puppy Food Small Breed
- Royal Canin French Bulldog Puppy Breed Specific Dry Dog Food
- Real French Bulldog
- Real French Bulldog For Sale
- French Bulldog For Sale Real Dog
- Bobble Head French Bulldog
- Training French Bulldogs and Kids to Get Along
- Keeping Your Dog Fit And Active in Winter
- Why Obedience Training For French Bulldog Puppies?
- BEFORE YOU OWN A FRENCH BULLDOG
- Large French Bulldog Bluetooth Speaker
- Large French Bulldog Statue