French Bulldogs are known for being notoriously difficult to keep weight on, but with a few simple lifestyle changes, you can help your furry friend stay healthy and fit. To start, you need to know how much your pup should weigh and, depending on that, adjust their food portions, supplement their diet, and provide plenty of exercise and playtime.
Understanding Your Dog’s Ideal Weight
Before trying to add weight to your French Bulldog, it is important to understand the ideal weight range for their breed. An average healthy adult French Bulldog weighs between 16 and 28 pounds.
You can weigh your pup to get a good sense of their weight and then you should take them to a veterinarian to get a more accurate assessment. This will help you meet the nutritional needs of your French Bulldog and determine the best activity level to get their weight in the proper range.
Feeding Your Dog Proper Portions and Supplements
Once you know how much your French Bulldog should weigh, you can adjust their food portions to help them reach that weight. Make sure to feed them a quality diet that is specifically designed for French Bulldogs. You can also supplement their diet with healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, and fish oil to help add more calories in the right way.
Many French Bulldogs have picky eating habits and may need to eat several meals a day to get the proper nutrients they need. You may also want to consider adding in other snacks like cooked eggs or chicken to add more calories to their nutrition.
Increase Exercise and Playtime
In addition to adjusting their food portions, adding extra healthy calories in their diet, and getting an accurate weight checkup with your vet, you can also increase your French Bulldog’s activity level.
Take them for short walks and provide plenty of playtime opportunities. Make sure to stay in the shade during hotter days, as French Bulldogs are prone to overheating. Playing fetch or Frisbee is also a great way to get them moving, as well as giving them interactive toys and puzzle feeders that will encourage them to use their minds while they eat.
Overall, there are several ways you can help your French Bulldog reach their ideal weight. From understanding their optimal weight range to adjusting their meals and providing plenty of exercise and playtime, there are a variety of lifestyle changes that can make all the difference for your pup. With a little bit of added care and attention, you can ensure that your French Bulldog remains healthy and happy for years to come.
Related Info And Products:
- How To Get My French Bulldog To Gain Weight?
- How To Make My French Bulldog Gain Weight?
- How Much Should My French Bulldog Weight?
- What To Feed My French Bulldog To Gain Weight?
- What Can I Feed My French Bulldog To Gain Weight?
- How Much Should A French Bulldog Weight?
- How Much Does A French Bulldog Weight?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Losing Weight?
- How To Fatten Up My French Bulldog?
- What Is The Average Weight Of A French Bulldog?
- Can I Put Coconut Oil On My French Bulldog?
- How To Bulk Up My French Bulldog?
- How To Fatten Up My French Bulldog Puppy?
- What Can I Put On My French Bulldog Sore Wrinkles?
- How Much To Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?