It’s easy to worry when we see our beloved French Bulldog losing weight – after all, their unique shape means that they don’t take kindly to fatty deposits! Fortunately, there are a few steps which owners can take to help fatten up their precious pooches.
In order to make sure your French Bulldog is getting enough of the right nutrition, it’s important to consider the size of their portions. If you’re giving your pup the same amount of food it was once eating as a younger pup, you may want to increase their portion size, as the metabolism of older dogs tends to slow.
Calculating Food Intake
Besides the size of each portion of food, it’s important to calculate the right balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. A suitable daily diet should consist of between 18-30% protein, 8-19% fat and 4-25% carbohydrates. Although French Bulldogs are small and compact, they need regular exercise and a balanced diet to stay healthy and maintain their ideal weight.
Exercise and Activity
While French Bulldogs don’t need vigorous exercise like other breeds, they do need regular activity throughout the week to keep the weight going in the right direction. Even a twenty minute walk a day is enough to give them the calories they need. Playing with toys in the yard or a game of fetch together in the park can also be great fun for your pup and beneficial for their diet.
As with any pup, delicious treats are always an integral part of their diet. However, when using treats to fatten up your French Bulldog, make sure they are not only nutritious, but low in fat and calorie content. Steer clear of processed treats or regular food items like cheese or chips, as pups can quickly become overweight with these sorts of snacks.
Fattening up your French Bulldog safely and healthily takes time and dedication, but it is possible. Calculating the right portion sizes and finding a suitable balance of proteins and fats will help your pup build muscle and remain at a healthy weight. With regular activity throughout the week and low fat, nutritious treats, you can help your pup thrive and remain strong for years to come.
Related Info And Products:
- How To Fatten Up My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How To Bulk Up My French Bulldog?
- How To Bulk Up My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How To Get My French Bulldog Muscular?
- How To Get My French Bulldog To Gain Weight?
- How Much To Feed A French Bulldog?
- How To Make My French Bulldog Muscular?
- What To Feed My French Bulldog To Gain Weight?
- How To Get My French Bulldog To Stop Eating Poop?
- How To Make My French Bulldog Gain Weight?
- How To Put Weight On My French Bulldog?
- How To Keep My French Bulldog Healthy?
- How Much Wet Food To Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Much Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How To Bulk Up Your French Bulldog?