French Bulldogs are a unique breed of small dog that can be prone to gaining weight easily. So, if your French Bulldog is at a healthy weight, but you’d like to put a few more kilos on them, there are some simple ways you can do it. Knowing what to feed your French Bulldog to help them gain weight can be tricky, as it is important to make sure the diet you are providing is balanced and contains all the essential vitamins and minerals.
Table of Contents
Choosing A Balanced Diet For Your French Bulldog
When you’re looking for the right food that can help your French Bulldog gain weight, you should choose one that is tailored to their specific needs. A balanced premium diet – whether wet food or dry food – will have the essential proteins, fats and carbohydrates, as well as all the essential vitamins and minerals your pet needs. High-calorie diets formulated specifically for French Bulldogs can be good options as they will help encourage your pet to gain more weight.
Feeding Tips To Help Your French Bulldog Gain Weight
Knowing what to feed your French Bulldog to help them gain weight does not have to be complicated. Here are some tips on feeding your French Bulldog to gain weight:
- Provide regular meals – aim to provide your dog with two meals a day and give them optimum quantities. This will help them get used to regular meal times, too.
- Add extra calories – adding calorie-dense foods to your pet’s diet will increase their calorie intake, helping them to gain more weight.
- Be mindful of treats – treats should not make up more than 10% of your French Bulldog’s diet. Choose treats that are calorie-dense and that contain essential vitamins and minerals.
- Be consistent – portion sizes should remain the same. This is so your French Bulldog can get used to a regular eating pattern.
Best Foods To Help Your French Bulldog Gain Weight
When it comes to feeding your French Bulldog to help them gain weight, you should select food that is high in calories, protein and healthy fats. Here are some of the best food options:
- Lean meats – lean meats such as lean chicken, turkey, rabbit and white fish are great choices for helping increase the calorie and protein intake of your French Bulldog.
- Eggs – eggs are also a great source of high-quality protein and can help your French Bulldog to gain weight.
- Healthy fats – healthy fats such as avocado, olive oil and fish oil not only provide essential nutrients and fatty acids, but they will also help make your French Bulldog feel full and satisfied after meals.
- Whole grains – whole grains can also provide an important source of carbohydrates and calories. Whole-grain pastas, oats, and brown rice are all good options.
Additional Supplements To Help Your French Bulldog Gain Weight
If your French Bulldog is having trouble gaining weight, there are some additional supplements that you can include in their diet to help them gain weight. Here are some of the best supplements for helping French Bulldogs gain weight:
- Weight gain powders – weight gain powders are specially formulated for pets who have difficulty gaining weight. They are high in calories and protein, which can help to boost your pet’s calorie intake.
- Vitamin supplements – adding a vitamin supplement to your French Bulldog’s diet can help to ensure they are getting all the essential vitamins and minerals they need to maintain a healthy weight.
- Fatty acids supplements – fatty acids are essential for healthy skin and coat and can also help to maintain your pet’s weight. Try choosing a supplement that contains omega-3 and -6 fatty acids to help boost your pet’s calorie intake.
In conclusion, the key to helping your French Bulldog gain weight is to provide them with a balanced diet that is high in calories, healthy fats and essential vitamins and minerals. While high-calorie diets may help boost weight gain, it is still important to be aware of the types of food you are feeding your pet, in order to ensure that you are providing them with the highest-quality diet possible. Additionally, if your pet is having difficulty gaining weight, there are additional supplements you can consider adding to their diet to help boost their calorie intake.
Related Info And Products:
- None Found