When it comes to adding a new dog to the family, a French bulldog has become an increasingly popular breed. They are quite unique and have a very distinct look. But how expensive are they to purchase and to maintain? The cost of a French Bulldog can vary depending on the quality,age, and background of the pup.
Purchasing A French Bulldog
The cost of purchasing a French Bulldog puppy can range from a few hundred dollars up to several thousand dollars. A budget up to $1,000 may get you a puppy that is healthy enough but too young or not of good quality. For an average pup, you would expect to pay between $1,500 and $2,500. Breeding from a show-quality French Bulldog could cost thousands of dollars more.
It is important to remember that a cheaper pup does not necessarily mean a good bargain. It’s easy to find “budget” French Bulldogs but these pups typically come from puppy farms and pet shops and can be inbred or have undesirable health problems. Paying a little extra is always worth it for a healthy and well-bred pup.
What To Expect
- Health – A reputable breeder will provide health certificates and provide a health guarantee.
- Age – Be aware of how young the pup is. A pup that is too young could still need a few rounds of vaccination or worm treatment before it is ready to go to its new home.
- Genetics – Look out for breeders who are transparent about their dogs’ pedigrees and make sure they are KC registered.
Maintaining A French Bulldog
In addition to the purchase price, there are other costs to consider when owning a French Bulldog.
- Food – A good quality dry food should provide all the necessary nutrition your pup needs, which is likely to cost around $40-$50 per month.
- Medical Care – Vaccinations, flea and worming treatments, health checks and other treatments may add up to a considerable expense over the course of your pup’s lifetime.
- Crate Training – This is a great way to keep your pup safe when you’re away and the cost of a crate can range from $30-$200.
- Toys, Collars & Leashes – The average cost of an interactive toy or chew toy is roughly $10, while a basic leash and collar can cost around $20 – $50.
- How Expensive Are French Bulldogs?
- What Is The Most Expensive French Bulldog?
- What Color French Bulldog Is Most Expensive?
- How Much Is A Blue Fawn French Bulldog?
- How Much Is A Blue French Bulldog?
- How Much Is French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Is A Fawn French Bulldog?
- Why French Bulldogs Are So Expensive?
- How Much Is A French Bulldog Pup?
- Are French Bulldogs Expensive?
- Why Are French Bulldogs So Expensive?
- Are French Bulldogs Expensive To Maintain?
- How Much Is An Isabella French Bulldog?
- How Much Is A Baby French Bulldog?
- How Much Is A Blue Brindle French Bulldog?
In conclusion, French Bulldogs can be quite expensive to purchase and to maintain. The initial cost of purchasing a pup can vary considerably depending on the quality, age and background. It is important to buy from a reputable breeder and always pay extra for a healthy pup that has been well-bred. In addition, there are the ongoing costs of food, veterinary care, toys, and other supplies to consider. All in all, a French Bulldog is a great companion but could be an expensive one.
Related Info And Products: