It’s normal for dogs to sleep often, but if your French Bulldog is sleeping more than usual, it’s probably time to investigate what’s wrong. French Bulldogs have an average of 16 to 18 hours of sleep each day. If you’ve noticed that your French Bulldog is napping more today than usual, you’ll want to look out for any other changes in their behavior.
Reasons for Increased Sleep in French Bulldogs
Less-than-optimal physical health can affect a French Bulldog’s energy levels. If your Frenchie is feeling ünder the weather, they won’t have the same energy levels, and may sleep much more than usual. Common conditions that could cause your pet to be tired and sleep more include:
If physical health is the culprit, you’ll need to make an appointment with your veterinarian for a full physical checkup. They may need to run some tests to determine the exact cause.
When a French Bulldog is more tired than usual, it can also be a sign of a mental health issue. French Bulldogs are quite sensitive, and can become anxious and stressed, which can lead to exhaustion and more sleep. Your pet may be feeling lethargic due to a variety of potential causes, such as:
- Separation anxiety
- Negative experiences in the past
If you’re not sure why your French Bulldog is sleeping more than usual, it’s worth taking the time to reflect on their daily routine and the situations around them that may be making them feel anxious or stressed.
It can be easy to overlook the basics, but remember that a disruption to your French Bulldog’s sleep schedule can easily lead to exhaustion and more sleep. French Bulldogs should follow a regular light/dark cycle, and should get regular exercise. If your pet is recently exercising less, or going to bed too late, it might explain why they feel exhausted and need more sleep.
Every dog is different, so it’s important to observe your pet carefully and try to identify any changes in their behavior or routine that could affect their need for sleep. In some cases, the cause of excessive sleep could be caused by a medical issue, so it’s important to visit the vet. Understanding your French Bulldog’s need for rest is vital in order to ensure they stay healthy and happy.
Related Info And Products:
- Why Is My French Bulldog Breathing So Fast While Sleeping?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Puppy Breathing Fast While Sleeping?
- Why Is My French Bulldog So Hyper?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Shaking While Sleeping?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Sleep So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Breathing So Fast?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Puppy Breathing So Fast?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Breath Fast When Sleeping?
- Why Is My French Bulldog So Aggressive?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Drinking So Much Water?
- Why Is My French Bulldog So Skinny?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Shake When Sleeping?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Drooling So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog So Aggressive To Other Dogs?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Farting So Much?