Drooling can be a sign of excitement in French Bulldogs, but there may be underlying reasons for why your pup is drooling more than usual. Knowing about the potential causes of excessive drooling can help you determine if and when to intervene, as well as inform your vet about any potential health risks.
Reasons for Excessive Drooling
The very first thing you should consider is whether or not your pup is experiencing heat exhaustion. French Bulldog breeds are prone to overheating, and they can be sensitive to high temperatures since they have a thicker than average coat. If you observe heavy panting, a lack of energy, and lots of drool, take your pup immediately to a cool area and to the vet if necessary.
If your French Bulldog is still a pup, baby teething may be the culprit. This type of teething is accompanied by drooling as a result of the baby teeth pushing through the gums.
If you have checked off the prior two possibilities and your pup still won’t stop drooling, then consider if Cushing’s Syndrome could be the cause. Cushing’s Syndrome is caused by an increase in cortisol levels, and excessive drooling is a common symptom. If this is the case, your pup should be taken to a vet right away for a diagnosis.
If your pup is drooling with excess, but does not exhibit any other symptoms mentioned before, then excessive drooling can be a sign of extreme excitement. However, if the sensitivity to any type of emotion persists, then you may want to take him to the vet.
In any case, if your French Bulldog’s drooling is more than typical and if it’s accompanied by other concerning symptoms such as lack of appetite, anxiousness, vomiting and so on, it’s best to visit your vet for a proper diagnosis and advice. With that in mind, staying attentive to your pup’s wellbeing, diet and comfort could reveal the cause behind the excessive drooling. Regularly brushing its coat and keeping a clean environment are just a few of the essential things you can do to make sure your pup is in optimal health.
Related Info And Products:
- Why Is My French Bulldog Drooling?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Drooling All Of A Sudden?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Losing So Much Hair?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Breathing So Fast?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Breathing So Fast While Sleeping?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Drool So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Sleeping So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Drinking So Much Water?
- Why Is My French Bulldog So Itchy?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Itching So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Shedding So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Farting So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Shedding So Much Hair?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Puppy Breathing So Fast?
- Why Is My French Bulldog So Hyper?