French bulldogs are famed for their lovable personalities, adorable appearance and cuddly nature. However, from time to time they may show some puzzling behavior and trembling or shivering can be one of those mystery moves. Understanding why the dog may tremble and when to seek veterinary advice can ensure their health and welfare.
Common Causes of Shivering or Trembling in French Bulldogs
French bulldogs may express their excitement or anticipation of a visit or activity by shivering or trembling. This may be seen when visitors are waiting at the door or before a scheduled outing. It’s their way of communicating and shouldn’t be seen as a sign of fear.
If the dog is new to the home, or to a particular place, such as the vets, it can lead to stress and anxiety. This may manifest as trembling or shivering and isn’t something unusual for a French Bulldog. It’s important to remain calm and reassuring, rather than paying too much attention.
If accompanied by other symptoms, such as coughing, trouble breathing, fits or changes in behavior, then this can indicate that your French Bulldog is unwell. It’s normal to feel concerned and the best advice is to contact your vet as soon as possible to make sure they receive medical intervention quickly, if necessary.
Trembling can also be a sign of pain and if it persists it is wise to take your Bulldog to the vet for a physical examination and check. Pain can have a number of sources, such as old injuries, arthritis, inflammation and allergies.
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar is sometimes referred to as hypoglycemia and can cause trembling. It is especially common in puppies and small breeds, such as the French Bulldog, due to their size. Symptoms include:
- Lack of coordination
There can be numerous causes of trembling in French Bulldogs and understanding the root of the issue can help to provide the best care and attention for the pup. Knowing when to consult a vet and understanding the common triggers can make all the difference when it comes to providing a healthy and happy life for the dog and a peaceful home for the owners.
Related Info And Products:
- Why Is My French Bulldog Trembling?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Shivering?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Shaking And Panting?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Shaking?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Shake When Sleeping?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Panting?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Keep Licking Me?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Drooling?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Drooling So Much?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Bite My Feet?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Keep Licking His Paws?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Chew His Paws?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Breathing So Fast?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Licking His Paws?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Pee In The House?