French Bulldogs are beloved by many people, but unfortunately, their natural musky scent isn’t enjoyed by as many. If you have a French Bulldog, it’s not ideal for them to stink up your home. There are some quick and easy ways to keep your pup from getting too smelly.
Reasons Your French Bulldog May Smell
One of the most common reasons behind French Bulldogs that smell is a poor diet. If you feed your pup a low-quality food packed with fillers, their digestion can often become disrupted, leading to gas and a bad odor. Aim to feed them a high-quality kibble or a raw diet to ensure their digestion is healthy and keep the smell away.
There can also be underlying health problems that can cause a French Bulldog to smell. Intestinal parasites, fungal infections, and dehydration can all lead to an unpleasant smell emanating from your pup. Keep an eye out for changes in their eating habits and energy levels, and take your pup to the vet for regular check-ups just to be safe.
Skin problems such as mange and bacterial skin infections can also cause a French Bulldog to smell. These can often be treated with medication from the vet, so make sure to book an appointment if you suspect a skin problem.
Getting Wet and Dirty
French Bulldogs have a double-coat and love to play, so they can often get wet or dirty. Dirt and dust will cling to the fur and seep into the skin, which can cause a stinky smell. Be sure to keep them clean and brush them on a weekly basis. You can also give your pup regular baths with a mild, medicated shampoo to help keep their coat shiny and clean.
Keeping your French Bulldog clean and healthy is one of the most important things you can do to prevent a stinky smell from taking over your house. Make sure to feed them a high-quality kibble and book regular check-ups at the vet, as well as give them baths with a medicated shampoo and brush them regularly. If the smell persists, take your pup to the vet for a check-up to look for underlying issues.
Related Info And Products:
- Why Does My French Bulldog Smell So Bad?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Smell Like Fish?
- How To Make My French Bulldog Smell Good?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Smell So Bad?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Fart Smell So Bad?
- Do French Bulldogs Smell?
- Does French Bulldog Smell?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Stink?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Shedding?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Itching So Much?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Keep Throwing Up?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Keep Scratching?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Have Bumps?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Have Bald Spots?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Pee On My Bed?