Have you ever noticed that your French Bulldog’s little eyes stay open when she’s asleep? This can be a bit concerning for a pet parent if you’re not aware of why it happens. Many pet parents wonder why their Frenchie sleeps with their eyes open and if it’s cause for concern.
Reasons Your French Bulldog Sleeps With Their Eyes Open
There are a few possible explanations as to why your Frenchie may be sleeping with her eyes open.
As a breed, French Bulldogs may be more likely to sleep with their eyes open, as it’s been noted as a characteristic of the breed. This is thought to be due to the fact that French Bulldogs have relatively small eyes and shallow eye sockets, compared to other breeds.
Anxiety & Stress:
If your Frenchie is anxious or stressed, her body may become more aroused, and her muscles may be tense even in her sleep. When this happens, your French Bulldog may be more likely to experience a light sleep and may keep her eyes open.
Another possibility to consider is a condition known as dry eye, which is usually due to inadequate tear production. Dry eye can cause eyes to ache and irritation, which could lead to your pup wanting to keep her eyes open in an attempt to relieve the discomfort.
Other Health Concerns:
While unlikely, it’s possible that your Frenchie keeps her eyes open while she sleeps due to a health concern. If your Frenchie’s eyes are bulging, this could be a sign of an underlying medical condition and should be discussed with your vet.
Should I Be Concerned About My French Bulldog’s Sleeping Habits?
As noted above, some of these reasons may not be serious and could be related to your pup’s breed characteristics or stress levels. However, if your French Bulldog is exhibiting other symptoms such as bulging eyes, lethargy, or excessive panting it’s important to contact your vet right away.
Overall, it’s important to remain aware of your French Bulldog’s activities, including sleeping habits. If your pup is sleeping with her eyes open and it seems to be a regular occurrence, it’s best to contact your vet to rule out any health concerns and determine if there may be other underlying reasons for your pup’s behavior.
Related Info And Products:
- When Do French Bulldogs Open Their Eyes?
- When Do French Bulldog Puppies Open Their Eyes?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Sleep So Much?
- How Many Hours Do French Bulldogs Sleep?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Have Red Eyes?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Eyes Red?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Sleep So Much?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Keep Licking Her Paws?
- Should I Let My French Bulldog Sleep With Me?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Breath Fast When Sleeping?
- How Much Do French Bulldogs Sleep?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Drag Her Bum?
- Do French Bulldogs Sleep A Lot?
- Why Isn’t My French Bulldog Eating?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Breathing So Fast While Sleeping?