It’s not unusual for French Bulldog owners to wonder why their pup seems so eager to rub his willy! After all, it doesn’t make sense for a dog to be so interested in something that doesn’t appear to have any medical or practical benefits. Fortunately, there are a few possible explanations for why your French Bulldog may be so exuberant about this particular activity.
It Could Be Residual Genetic Instincts
It’s possible that your French Bulldog is simply exhibiting a vestigial genetic instinct left over from their Bulldog breeding ancestors. Bulldogs of the past were bred specifically to bait and fight bulls, and part of the preparation process involved dogs being tied to stakes and allowed to rub themselves against them to get aroused. As modern day French Bulldogs don’t typically engage in these types of activities, it’s likely that the urge to rub one’s willy against solid objects is simply an instinct that’s been passed down through the generations and has no real practical purpose.
It’s also possible that your French Bulldog is using his body to rub against objects in order to mark his territory with scent. Dogs have a special anal gland just inside the anus that produces a unique scent mark and the act of rubbing against something helps spread it around. This is a common behavior found in male and female dogs, and your pup may just be trying to let the other animals in your home know who’s in charge!
Another theory is that your French Bulldog may be finding comfort in rubbing his willy. Dogs can have sensitive spots just like humans, and when they experience an itch or irritation, they may rub against furniture or even other dogs to get relief. This can be especially comforting for French Bulldogs as their relatively wrinkles could be prone to discomfort.
Finally, it’s also possible that your French Bulldog does it just for fun! Dogs are often incredibly vocal and expressive when they’re feeling playful and rubbing their willy could just be a way for them to express their joy.
In conclusion, there are a few possible explanations for why your French bulldog is so enthusiastic about rubbing his willy, but it largely comes down to your pup’s individual personality and breed traits. While it’s usually nothing to worry about, if you’re concerned, speak to your vet just to be sure.
Related Info And Products:
- Why Do French Bulldogs Rub Their Private Parts?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Lick His Paws?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Biting His Feet?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Eat His Poop?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Chew His Paws?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Puppy Eat His Poop?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Licking His Paws?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Eating His Poop?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Eat His Own Poop?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Keep Licking His Paws?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Scratching His Ears?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Pee On My Bed?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Throwing Up?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Bite My Feet?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Lick Everything?