If your French Bulldog is drinking an excessive amount of water, it may be due to an underlying health issue. It’s important to keep a close eye on your French Bulldog’s drinking habits, and if the excessive drinking continues, it’s best to consult with your veterinarian. In this article, we will discuss why French Bulldogs may drink exorbitant amounts of water, as well as what may indicate that this behavior is symptomatic of a health concern.
What is Normal Water Intake For a French Bulldog?
The exact number of cups of water a French Bulldog drinks per day will vary slightly, depending on the size and age of the dog, as well as the ambient temperature. Generally, you should expect your French Bulldog to drink about one cup of water for every 10 pounds of body weight, per day. Thus, if your French Bulldog weighs 25 pounds, you should expect about 2.5 cups, or about a quart of water, consumed every day.
Potential Causes of Excess Water Drinking
The potential causes of a French Bulldog drinking an excessive amount of water can be divided into two main categories: environmental causes and medical causes.
- If the ambient temperature of your dog’s environment is too high, it will increase your pup’s body temperature, which will make them thirsty.
- If your French Bulldog doesn’t have access to outside, they may be drinking more water than necessary to stay cool.
- Your Frenchie also might be consuming more water if they’re partaking in more physical exercise than usual.
The most common medical cause of excessive water drinking in French Bulldogs is diabetes. Dogs with diabetes have complications with their pancreas’ ability to regulate blood-sugar levels. As a result, their bodies almost constantly feel dehydrated, which causes them to drink frequently and in massive quantities.
Other medical causes for excessive drinking in French Bulldogs include renal failure, liver disease, thyroid conditions and Cushing’s disease.
Signs of Excessive Drinking
It can be difficult to tell if your Frenchie is drinking an excess amount of water, as the amount of water they normally consume may vary. However, if you notice any of the following signs, it may be an indication that they are drinking much more water than they usually do:
- Your Frenchie will take frequent bathroom breaks
- Your French Bulldog’s water bowl will need to be refilled more often
- Your pup will experience a sudden increase in weight
- Your Frenchie will be prone to accidents in the house
In conclusion, excessive water drinking in French Bulldogs can be caused by environmental influences, as well as medical issues. If you notice that your pup is drinking an excessive amount of water, it’s important to consult with your veterinarian. Symptoms of excessive water drinking include frequent bathroom breaks, an increase in water consumption, a sudden increase in weight, and an increase in accidents in the house.
Related Info And Products:
- Why Is My French Bulldog Drinking So Much Water?
- How Much Water Should My French Bulldog Drink?
- How Much Water Should My French Bulldog Puppy Drink?
- Do French Bulldogs Drink A Lot Of Water?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Throw Up After Drinking Water?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Drool So Much?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Pee So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Itching So Much?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Have So Much Phlegm?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Scratch So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Puppy Breathing So Fast?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Losing So Much Hair?
- Why Does My French Bulldog Fart So Much?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Breathing So Fast While Sleeping?
- Why Is My French Bulldog Breathing So Fast?