Many pet owners have noticed that their French Bulldogs sit in a funny way, with their back legs splayed out behind them in a very awkward looking manner. Why do French Bulldogs sit like this? It turns out the answer has to do with the Bulldog breed’s unique physical build and history.
Bulldogs Have a Unique Physique
French Bulldogs, like all Bulldogs, are known to have a unique body type. Their hindquarters are smaller than the front, which gives them a distinct, hunched over look when they are standing. This factor alone can contribute to the pups’ “funny” stance in the sitting position.
French Bulldogs Have a Short Leg Syndrome
In addition to the Bulldog physique, French Bulldogs have something called “short leg syndrome.” This simply means that their hind legs are a bit shorter than their front legs, and can further contribute to their funny sitting position.
Their Stubby Tails and Large Heads Contribute Too
French Bulldogs also have a very short tail, which is why they often appear to be carrying their tails up instead of down. This provides an additional factor when it comes to their awkward sitting position. Furthermore, their large foreheads and bulging muzzles also play a role in why Frenchies sit funny, as they must move their heads further behind their bodies to make themselves comfortable in the sitting position.
French Bulldogs Have Trained to Sit Like This
French Bulldogs have also been purposefully bred to sit this way. The funny-looking sitting position is actually a beneficial trait for bulldogs, as it is a good way to avoid a threatening posture with their larger, dog-aggressive relatives. By sitting funny, bulldogs are able to preserve their calm, submissive demeanor.
What Does It All Mean?
In summary, French Bulldogs sit funny due to their physical characteristics including:
- A Unique Physique
- Short Leg Syndrome
- Stubby Tails
- Large Heads
In addition, French Bulldogs may use this posture to appear non-threatening to other breeds of dogs.
In conclusion, although it may seem bizarre, the funny sitting position of French Bulldogs is actually beneficial to the breed. It can help them look non-threatening, luxurious and petite. With their unique physical build, tail, and head shape, they are perfectly designed to sit funny.
Related Info And Products:
- Why Do French Bulldogs Snore?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Snort?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Rub Their Private Parts?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Have To Be Artificially Inseminated?
- Why Do People Like French Bulldogs?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Fart?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Sleep So Much?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Smell So Bad?
- Why Can T French Bulldogs Swim?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Shed So Much?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Cost So Much?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Fart Smell So Bad?
- Funny Halloween Dog Videos – Cutest French Bulldog compilations 2019 | Funny Cute Animals
- Why Do French Bulldogs Lick Their Paws?
- Why Do People Steal French Bulldogs?