French Bulldogs are well-known for their charmingly playful attitude, stocky stature, and their big bat-like ears. They are some of the most popular breeds among pet owners today. One of the most common questions pet owners want to answer is when does a French Bulldog stop growing?
Adult French Bulldog Size and Weight
Adult French Bulldogs typically measure between 11-13 inches in height and weigh between 16-28 lbs. They are considered a small-sized breed, and as such are not considered mature until they reach their 2nd birthday.
How Quickly Do French Bulldog Puppies Grow?
It takes about one year for French Bulldog puppies to reach their full adult size. During this time, it is normal for their weight to double or even triple! They will continue gaining weight, however, the rate of growth will start to slow down and become more consistent between 8-10 months.
Do Some French Bulldogs Grow Larger?
Generally speaking, French Bulldogs are a fairly consistent breed in terms of size. That being said, some French Bulldogs can be larger or smaller than the breed standard. This is usually based on the parents’ size and genetics.
French Bulldog Growth Patterns
It’s normal for puppies to grow at different rates depending on many factors. Here is a brief overview of French Bulldog growth patterns.
- Birth to 4 months: Puppies will grow rapidly, doubling their birth weight in the first month of life
- 4 months to 6 months: Weight gain will slow slightly compared to the first 4 months, but growth is still rapid at this point
- 6 months to 12 months: Weight gain will slow significantly and become more consistent
- 12 months to 2 years: Growth will continue to slow down, and the French Bulldog will start to look more like an adult
It is important to note that every French Bulldog is different and their growth may be slightly different than the stated average. Factors such as nutrition, exercise and genetics can all contribute to how quickly or slowly your French Bulldog grows.
On average, it takes about one year for French Bulldogs to reach their full adult size. During this time, they will gain weight rapidly at first and then start to slow down as they move closer to their 2nd birthday. While their size can vary depending on the parents, French Bulldogs are a consistent breed in terms of size. Whether it’s for a pure breed show or just a beloved pet, French Bulldogs make excellent companions for any family.
Related Info And Products:
- When Will My French Bulldog Stop Growing?
- When Does French Bulldog Stop Growing?
- What Age Do French Bulldogs Stop Growing?
- When Do French Bulldogs Stop Growing?
- What Age Does French Bulldog Stop Growing?
- When Should I Stop Feeding My French Bulldog Puppy Food?
- French Bulldog Growing Up From 8 Weeks to 8 Months
- How To Stop My French Bulldog From Shedding?
- Part 1 | How does the French Bulldog puppy growing | day 1 to 6 mos old.
- How To Stop My French Bulldog From Biting?
- How To Stop My French Bulldog Puppy From Biting?
- When Will My French Bulldog Be Fully Grown?
- How Do I Stop My French Bulldog Puppy From Biting?
- How Can I Stop My French Bulldog From Eating Poop?
- How Do I Stop My French Bulldog From Biting?