Most French Bulldog owners want to know when their precious pooch is fully grown. In this article, we’ll explore what age a French Bulldog stops growing and how large and heavy they typically get.
What Age Does a French Bulldog Stop Growing?
The general consensus is that French Bulldogs reach full size around 12 months of age. This doesn’t mean they don’t further develop and change, but the changes that occur after a year old are minimal. On average, smaller sized French Bulldogs tend to grow more quickly than larger Frenchies.
How Big Do French Bulldogs Get?
The official standard size for a French Bulldog is between 28 and 30 cm when measured from the shoulders. Additionally, the average weight for a Frenchie is somewhere between 8 and 14 kg. However, there is often some variation from this standard size.
Due to the massive popularity of French Bulldogs, breeders often breed for specific traits, resulting in smaller and larger sized dogs than the standard.
Factors that Influence a French Bulldog’s Size
- Sex: On average, male French Bulldogs tend to be bigger and heavier than female Frenchies.
- Ancestry: A French Bulldog’s size is largely determined by their ancestry. Different blood lines of French Bulldogs will produce puppies with size variations from the average.
- Nutrition: A French Bulldog’s diet plays an important role in their development. Eating a well-balanced diet with the right vital nutrients will set your pup up for a healthy life.
Is it Possible to Determine Exactly When a French Bulldog Has Reached its Full Size?
Unfortunately, no. Even with blood tests, there is no definitive way to tell when a dog is completely finished growing. Whatever age they are at 12 months, it’s highly likely they won’t change much in size.
In summary, French Bulldogs generally reach full adulthood at around 1 year of age – but this can still vary. After this age, most French Bulldogs will only experience minimal changes in size and weight. Factors such as gender, ancestry, and nutrition can also affect the size and shape of your Frenchie.
Related Info And Products:
- What Age Do French Bulldogs Stop Growing?
- When Do French Bulldogs Stop Growing?
- When Does A French Bulldog Stop Growing?
- When Will My French Bulldog Stop Growing?
- When Does French Bulldog Stop Growing?
- What Age Will My French Bulldog Be Fully Grown?
- What Age Can I Leave My French Bulldog Alone?
- When Should I Stop Feeding My French Bulldog Puppy Food?
- French Bulldog Growing Up From 8 Weeks to 8 Months
- What Age Can I Breed My French Bulldog?
- What Age Can You Breed A Female French Bulldog?
- What Age Should I Neuter My French Bulldog?
- What Age Can I Stud My French Bulldog?
- Part 1 | How does the French Bulldog puppy growing | day 1 to 6 mos old.
- What Age Can You Breed A Male French Bulldog?