French Bulldogs, like all short-nosed dogs, are prone to heat hazards. In warm temperatures, their bodies often struggle to regulate their own temperature naturally. Whether it’s hot summer days or a long car ride in a warm vehicle, your French Bulldog needs a little extra help from you to cool down. Luckily, there are a few steps you can take to cool your pup down and make sure they’re safe and comfortable.
1. Provide Plenty of Water
It is essential to keep your French Bulldog hydrated in order to cool him off. Ensure your pup has a bowl of fresh water available to him at all times and make sure to bring extra water with you when going out. If you’re taking your pup on a walk in hot weather, it’s a good idea to bring a collapsible travel bowl, so you can give your pup water breaks on the go.
2. Use a Cooler Outfit
Your French Bulldog can benefit from wearing light-colored, loose-fitting clothes such as shorts or a vest. This will help decrease the amount of heat exposure that your pup is exposed to, preventing their body from becoming too hot. Additionally, cool apparel can provide extra protection from the sun’s rays, as French Bulldogs are particularly prone to sunburns.
3. Take Sporadic Breaks
When you’re outside on a hot day with your pup, make sure to take frequent breaks for your pup to cool down. Steer clear of dark-colored pavement, as the dark color takes in the heat, making it even hotter for your pup. Find shady spots regularly, to give your pup a break from the sun.
4. Offer Cool Pack Treats
There are many cool pack treats available that provide a great way to cool down your pup.These cool packs are frozen and designed to fit around your pup’s neck. This keeps him cool and comfortable. Alternatively, you can make your own cool pack using a simple washcloth and some cold water.
5. Utilize the Pool
Besides being a great way for your Frenchie to burn off some energy, swimming is a great way to cool down. If you have a body of water available, let your pup go for a swim. As an added bonus, it’s great exercise for your pup, and a great way for him to beat the heat.
It is important to keep an eye on your Frenchie in hot weather in order to keep both them and you cool and comfortable. With a few easy steps, you do your best to prevent accidents and help your pup beat the heat. With proper attention and keeping hydrated, you can ensure that your pup stays cool and healthy in the hot months.
Related Info And Products:
- How To Cool Down My French Bulldog?
- How To Keep A French Bulldog Cool?
- How To Cool Down A French Bulldog?
- How To Train French Bulldog To Pee Outside?
- French Bulldog Canvas Wall Art Home Decor 3 Pieces Cool Music Bulldog
- How To Train A French Bulldog Not To Bite?
- HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A FRENCHIE
- How To Train A French Bulldog To Pee Outside?
- How To Get My French Bulldog To Gain Weight?
- How To Train A French Bulldog Puppy Not To Bite?
- How To Stop My French Bulldog From Snoring?
- How To Stop My French Bulldog From Biting?
- How Often To Bathe A French Bulldog?
- How To Get My French Bulldog To Stop Eating Poop?
- How To Get My French Bulldog To Stop Biting?