Tear stains on French Bulldogs are one of the most common issues pet owners face. Not only are they unsightly, but they also have the potential to cause skin irritations and infections due to the buildup of bacteria and yeast. Fortunately, with the right knowledge, care, and products, you can get rid of tear stains and keep them away.
Preventing Tear Stains in French Bulldogs
It is important to remember that prevention is always key when it comes to tear stains, before you need to look into methods for cleaning them.
Keeping the Area Clean and Dry
The first and most important thing is to make sure that you keep the area around the eyes clean and dry. Clean the area at least once a day with a soft and damp cloth and wipe away any tear stains. To keep the area dry, you may need to dry up any excess water with a hairdryer or by dabbing a clean cloth onto the area. You may also want to consider using an eye wipe, as this can be helpful in keeping the eyes clear of any debris.
One of the biggest factors that can contribute to tear stains is the diet of your French Bulldog. Consider switching them to a diet that is high in Omega-3 fatty acids, and be sure to avoid any foods with too much salt or sugar, as these can further irritate the area around their eyes.
Tear Stain Products
There are also several products that can help reduce the occurrence of tear stains. Look for products that contain ingredients such as natural cleansers, pH balancers, mild anesthetics, and herbal extracts. Many of these products are specifically designed for French Bulldogs, so make sure to read the label for any specific instructions.
Cleaning Tear Stains from French Bulldogs
If you have already noticed the start of tear stains on your French Bulldog, it may be time to begin cleaning them.
Using Natural Household Remedies
One of the simplest and most common ways to clean tear stains is to use natural household remedies such as cornstarch, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide.
- To make a cornstarch paste, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and gently apply the paste to the area.
- To make a baking soda paste, mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of water and gently apply to the area.
- To make a hydrogen peroxide solution, mix 1 part hydrogen peroxide with 4 parts of water and gently apply to the area.
After applying the remedies, let them sit on the area for a few minutes before wiping away any excess solution. Repeat this process twice a day until the tear stains start to disappear.
Using Specialized Tear Stain Products
If home remedies do not seem to be working, you can also consider investing in specialized tear stain products, such as eye wipes or tear stain cleaners. Many of these products are specifically designed for tear stains on French Bulldogs, so read the label for any specific instructions.
Cleaning tear stains from French Bulldogs can be a challenge, but with the right knowledge, care, and products, you can get rid of tear stains and keep them away. Prevention is always key, so make sure to keep the area around their eyes clean and dry, and feed them a diet high in Omega-3 fatty acids. If tear stains have already started to form, consider using natural household remedies or specialized tear stain products. With the right care, your French Bulldog can have a clean and healthy look!
Related Info And Products:
- French Bulldog Tear Stain Remover
- French Bulldog Tear Stain Wipes
- How To Clean French Bulldog Wrinkles?
- How To Clean French Bulldog Ears?
- How To Clean A French Bulldogs Ears?
- How To Clean French Bulldog Face?
- French Bulldog Tear Wipes
- How To Make My French Bulldog Coat Shiny?
- How To Get My French Bulldog To Stop Eating Poop?
- How To Train A French Bulldog To Pee Outside?
- How To Wash French Bulldog Face?
- How To Help French Bulldog Allergies?
- How To Make My French Bulldog Smell Good?
- HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A FRENCHIE
- How To Make Fluffy French Bulldog?