French Bulldogs, some of the cutest and most beloved of all dog breeds, undoubtedly require regular grooming. Though they boast short coats, they must be kept neat and require attention to their face and ears as well. Knowing how to clean a French Bulldog’s face and ears can result in a healthier, happier Frenchie.
- Dog Shampoo
- Soft-bristled brush
- Cotton balls
- Dog Ear Cleaning Solution (consult with your vet for the appropriate solution for your dog)
ACleaning a French Bulldog’s Face
Step 1: Gather Supplies
Gather all the required supplies in one place beforehand to make the process easier.
Step 2: Brush Your Frenchie’s Face
Using a soft-bristled brush, brush your Frenchie’s face in small circles. This will remove dirt, debris, and other build-up. Go slowly, as some breeds are more sensitive than others. Be especially sure to take your time around the eyes and nose.
Step 3: Gently Clean the Ears
Using a cotton ball and the ear cleaning solution your vet prescribes, carefully clean the inside of your Frenchie’s ears. Move the cotton ball around gently and keep an eye out for any signs of redness, which may indicate an infection. If signs of infection are present, contact your vet immediately.
Step 4: Wash the Face
With a moist towel, loosen any dirt or debris still present on your Frenchie’s face. Use a mild dog shampoo specifically formulated for French Bulldogs. Wet your pup’s face and apply the shampoo, being careful to avoid the eyes. Work up a lather and clean the face, being sure to get all the way around the muzzle and mouth.
Step 5: Rinse and Dry
Once your pup’s face is washed, gently rinse the face and muzzle. Towel-dry the face, being careful not to rub the face too hard.
Step 6: Give a Treat
Once your pup is thoroughly dried, reward him with a treat for enduring the process.
Cleaning a French Bulldog’s face does not have to be a difficult process. With the right supplies and techniques, owners can ensure their pup is happy and healthy. Regular face and ear maintenance, along with an occasional bath, will help keep Frenches looking, feeling, and smelling their best.
Related Info And Products:
- How To Clean A French Bulldogs Ears?
- How To Clean French Bulldog Ears?
- How To Clean French Bulldog Wrinkles?
- How To Wash French Bulldog Face?
- How To Clean French Bulldog Tear Stains?
- How To Treat French Bulldog Ear Infection?
- How To Groom A French Bulldog?
- How To Tape French Bulldog Ears?
- French Bulldog Face Wipes
- How To Express French Bulldog Glands?
- French Bulldog Face Mask
- How Often To Bathe A French Bulldog?
- How To Draw A French Bulldog?
- How To Stud My French Bulldog?
- How To Potty Train A French Bulldog Puppy?