French bulldogs are smart, cuddly, and have been a constantly rising star in the world of companion pet ownership. As with any pet, the optimum nutrition and feeding schedule is best discussed with the owner’s veterinarian. However, the basic feeding guidelines below will provide a starting point when planning meals for your pet.
How Often Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
It depends on your pet’s age and activity level. Generally, adult French Bulldogs should be fed two meals per day, each about 12 hours apart. Puppies should generally be fed 3-4 times per day, spaced evenly throughout the day.
Daily Caloric Needs
Your French bulldog’s daily caloric needs depend on the size and energy output of your pet. Generally, a healthy adult weighs between 18 and 28 pounds and need an average of 850-1100 calories per day. Puppies will require more. For overweight dogs, you should discuss your needs with your local veterinarian.
Puppies should be fed every 6-8 hours and ideally should not be allowed to go longer than 4 hours with sleeping in between feedings. As your dog grows, you can gradually reduce the frequency to three meals a day, then to two adult feedings a day. For adult French Bulldogs, two meals a day, spaced about 10-12 hours apart, is generally recommended. A well-rested pup will begin to understand the meal schedule and their stomach will be ready for their next meal when it is served.
Choosing a Quality Food
Not all dog foods are created equal. Make sure to choose a high-quality food that’s balanced and appropriate for your pet’s age. Pay attention to the ingredients listed on the label and watch out for fillers like corn and rice. Quality ingredients should make up roughly 70-75% of the food. Look for foods that are rich in essential fatty acids and essential amino acids to ensure your pet is getting the nutrition he or she needs.
Feedings should be consistent and predictable. Establish a regular feeding schedule with consistent times and amounts of food. This helps regulate your pet’s digestive process and nourish his or her overall health. Pay close attention to your pet’s weight and overall health as you adjust their diet to meet their individual needs.
It is important to discuss your pet’s nutrition and feeding schedule with a veterinarian to ensure your Mastiff is getting the correct amount and type of food. Eating the right amount and kind of food will keep your French Bulldog feeling happy and healthy. Feeding your Frenchie the right kind and amount of food will also help you avoid potential health issues down the line.
The optimal feeding age, type and amount of food needed for French Bulldogs varies depending on their age, size, activity level and health. The above suggestions are a general guide, but as with any pet, the best course of action is to talk to your veterinarian before making a decision.
Related Info And Products:
- How Much Dry Food Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Many Times Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Much Do I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Many Cups Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Much Dog Food Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Much Should I Feed My French Bulldog A Day?
- How Many Times Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Raw Food Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Much Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Often Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Often Do I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Food Do I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Food Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Long Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy Food?