Feeding raw food to your French Bulldog is an effective way to provide your pup with a nutritionally balanced diet. But how much raw food should you feed them? The short answer is that it depends on your Frenchie’s age, size, activity level, and overall health. Here is a more detailed look at the amount of raw food you should consider feeding your French Bulldog.
How Much Raw Food Should I Feed my French Bulldog?
Age and Size
If your French Bulldog is still a puppy, or is a smaller or medium-sized adult, you should feed them two to three percent of their body weight per day. For example, an adult French Bulldog that weighs 20 pounds should be given a daily meal of about 8-12 ounces of raw food every day. puppies in their growth period need a bit more; about five to ten percent of their body weight a day.
Your Frenchie’s activity level will also play a role in determining their dietary needs. Active and athletic Frenchies may need closer to the upper range of the food quantity range if they are engaging in a lot of activity. On the other hand, a chill and more sedentary pup will naturally need less.
The overall health of your pet is also an important factor to consider when feeding them raw food. Older Frenchies tend to have slower metabolisms and may need less, while those with illnesses or other health issues may need more because of their elevated needs for nutrition and energy.
It is also important to remember that any treats that you give your pup should be accounted for in their daily caloric consumption. The raw meals should be adjusted accordingly to make sure that your pet is not getting too much.
Adjusting For Appetite
Your pup’s appetite may also change based on the season, their age and other factors. If your pet seems to be eating less, try adding some new proteins or flavors to see if that helps to stimulate their appetite.
In conclusion, how much raw food you should feed your French Bulldog will vary depending on their age, size, activity level and overall health conditions. Your pup’s appetite may also change so you may have to adjust the portion sizes accordingly. Treats should be accounted for in their daily caloric consumption to make sure that they are not overindulging. With the right balance and close attention to your pup’s needs, a raw food diet can be a great source of nutrition and health benefits.
Related Info And Products:
- How Much Food Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Much Dry Food Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Much Dog Food Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Long Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy Food?
- How Much Food Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Much Should I Feed My French Bulldog A Day?
- How Much Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Many Cups Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Often Should I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Much Food Do I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- Can I Feed My French Bulldog Raw Meat?
- Can I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy Raw Meat?
- How Much Do I Feed My French Bulldog?
- How Many Times Should I Feed My French Bulldog?