The French Bulldog is an incredibly popular breed, but when most people think about getting one, the first question is – how much does a French Bulldog cost? The answer is not one-size-fits-all, and will depend on a variety of factors. We’ll break down the cost of a French Bulldog, from start to finish, so you can create an accurate budget for owning a pup.
Cost of Purchasing a French Bulldog
The purchase cost of a French Bulldog is determined by multiple variables with the main two being pedigree and breeder fees. Pedigree is the most important factor in French Bulldog pricing because it determines the expected physical traits, such as size, weight, health, and coat. French Bulldogs can vary drastically in costs due to the amount of time and effort put into a reputable breeder’s program.
Show Quality French Bulldogs
Organized dog shows are the culmination of years of careful breeding to achieve a standard, and the show ring is where a pup can shine. If a breeder has produced a show-quality pup, the pup will be more expensive. A French Bulldog pup bred for the show ring can range from $2,500 to $10,000, with the higher-end puppies rising into the tens of thousands.
Pet-Quality French Bulldogs
Not all French Bulldog puppies are destined for the show ring. Standards (“pet-quality”) French Bulldogs may not have the same pedigree or level of physical perfection, but they certainly make loving, beautiful, and healthy family pets. For a pet-quality French Bulldog, the cost can range from around $900 to $5,000. Breeders have various reasons to choose one price over another, but in general, the main factor is quality.
Ongoing Costs of Owning a French Bulldog
The purchase cost is only the beginning of what you shall anticipate in owning a French Bulldog. The costs of maintaining good health and quality of life for your dog will cost you more than the initial amount of the pup itself. Some “one-time” expenses that you may encounter include:
Veterinary Care and Vaccines
- Initial vet check-up and vaccinations
- Heartworm prevention
Grooming and Food
- Shampoo, brushes and combs
- Ongoing examination of coat, eyes and ears
- High-quality food
- Any additional fees: microchipping, registration, therapy aid
- First aid supplies and training
- Bedding and toys
When budgeting for a French Bulldog, be sure to include all the initial costs, in addition to the estimated costs of ongoing care. Owning a dog is not just a one-time expense – it is a commitment that can be expensive, but is immensely rewarding. With the right amount of research and preparation, you can be sure you are getting the best value for your money, while owning a healthy, happy pup.
In conclusion, the cost of a French Bulldog will depend on multiple variables such as the pedigree and breeder fees. Show-quality French Bulldogs can range from $2,500 to $10,000, with the higher-end puppies rising into the tens of thousands. On the other hand, pet-quality French Bulldogs typically range from around $900 to $5,000. Additionally, you should expect to incur additional expenses such as veterinary care, grooming, food and other miscellaneous items which can add up over the years. By factoring in the one-time and expected ongoing costs, you can create a budget that can ensure that you and your pup are happy for years to come.
Related Info And Products:
- How Much Do Fluffy French Bulldogs Cost?
- How Much Do Purebred French Bulldogs Cost?
- How Much Do French Bulldog Puppies Cost?
- How Much Do Blue French Bulldogs Cost?
- How Much Do French Bulldogs Typically Cost?
- How Much Do French Bulldogs Cost In Texas?
- How Much French Bulldogs Cost?
- How Much Do French Bulldogs Cost In California?
- How Much Does A Blue Merle French Bulldog Cost?
- How Much Does A Brindle French Bulldog Cost?
- How Much Does A French Bulldog Cost?
- How Much Do French Bulldogs Cost?
- How Much Does It Cost For A French Bulldog?
- What Do French Bulldogs Cost?
- How Much French Bulldog Cost?