Taking your French Bulldog puppy for a walk is a fun and important part of their physical and mental health. Puppies need daily exercise in order to stay healthy and this is a great way to give them the stimulation they need. But how long should you walk your French Bulldog puppy? That’s the question we’ll answer in this article.
How Long Should a French Bulldog Puppy’s Walks Be?
When it comes to how long your French Bulldog puppy’s walks need to be, there are a few factors to consider. Firstly, their age. Puppies from 8 weeks old will need shorter walks than older Frenchies, who can handle longer walks.
Puppies 8 Weeks and Younger
For puppies 8 weeks old and under, keep walks short and sweet. Going for a few five minute walks a day is plenty. Keep the pup’s energy level in mind, if they look tired, it’s time to bring them back inside.
Puppies 9 Weeks to 4 Months
For puppies aged 9 weeks to 4 months, aim for 10 to 15 minute walks. As they start growing, they’ll need more stimulation, so you can start varying their walks. Go exploring different routes, or even let them off the leash in a safe, enclosed space.
Puppies 4 Months to 6 Months
As your pup enters their adolescent stage of life, their exercise needs will change. At 4 months old, start decreasing their walks to 10 minutes. Then, as they reach 6 months old, increase your walks to between 15 to 20 minutes.
Puppies 6 Months and Older
For older puppies, aim for longer walks and plenty of playtime. If you can, try to bring your pup to the local dog park or secure, open space. Here, you can let them off the leash to run around and play with other dogs.
Make It Fun
Finally, you’ll want to make sure your puppy’s walks are fun and stimulating. Take them to new places, let them explore the smells, and give them plenty of rewards. Your pup should always be looking forward to their walks, not dreading them, so find ways to make them exciting.
Overall, the amount of exercise your French Bulldog puppy needs will depend on their age and energy level. Younger puppies need shorter walks, then, as they age, you can increase the length and intensity. Above all else, make sure your pup’s walks are fun and stimulating.
The best way to make sure your pup’s getting enough exercise is to keep an eye on their energy levels. If your pup looks tired, take them back inside. If they’re full of energy, make sure to give them an extra-long walk. This way, you can make sure your pup’s getting the exercise they need without overdoing it.
Related Info And Products:
- How Long Should I Walk My French Bulldog?
- How Long Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy Food?
- How Far Should I Walk My French Bulldog?
- How Often Should I Walk My French Bulldog?
- How Long Can I Leave My French Bulldog Alone?
- How Far Can A French Bulldog Walk?
- How Much Should I Be Feeding My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Often Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Food Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Do I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Often Do I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Much Food Do I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Many Times Should I Feed My French Bulldog Puppy?
- How Often Should I Bathe My French Bulldog Puppy?