Frenchman Bulldog is one of the most adorable and beloved breeds of dogs in the world. They have huge personalities and precious floppy ears, they are loyal and make excellent companions. But what should these dogs look like, in order to be considered “perfect” according to breed standards?
Table of Contents
Appearance of a French Bulldog
Head & Face:
- The head of a French Bulldog should be large, deep and square in shape.
- The muzzle should be broad and short.
- The nose should be black and the lips full and prominent.
- The eyes should be round and darkly-pigmented, set wide apart and looking straight ahead.
- The ears should be erect, of bat-like form, large and wide set apart.
Body & Movement:
- The body of a French Bulldog should be muscular and broad, with a level topline.
- The legs should be strong and straight, the back legs slightly longer than the front.
- The feet should be round and well-padded, with well-knuckled toes.
- The tail should be short and straight, with the tip curled slightly upward.
- Movement should be free, quick and graceful, with a confident attitude.
Coat & Color:
- The coat should be fine and smooth, with an even color.
- Acceptable coat colors include fawn, brindle, and white in any pattern.
While there are many personal preferences, these are the standards for a French Bulldog that should be adhered to in order for a dog to be considered “perfect”. As long as a French Bulldog has a square-shape head, broad and short muzzle, as well as erect ears, muscular broad body and straight tail, with an even coat in the acceptable colors, it could be considered a perfect example of the breed.
A lot of owners welcome their Frenchies with open arms and show unconditional love but it’s important to remember that a French Bulldog of the highest quality should not only possess good physical qualities but also a personality to match them.
Related Info And Products:
- None Found