French Bulldogs are an incredibly popular breed of dog, renowned for their endearing faces and goofy personalities. One of the main questions people ask when considering whether the breed is right for them is ‘Do French Bulldogs slobber?’. In this article we will explore the answer to this question and look at any associated issues.
Do French Bulldogs Slobber?
French Bulldogs, like all dogs, will slobber on occasion. However, thanks to their short snouts, they have less tendency to do so in comparison to some other breeds. This is because they don’t physically have the same capability to produce large amounts of saliva.
When do French Bulldogs Slobber?
Although French Bulldogs generally have a lower tendency to slobber, there are still some occasions where they may do, such as when they get excited or when they are drinking. The same can be said of any breed of dog.
Excess Saliva in French Bulldogs
Whilst the amount of saliva produced by French Bulldogs is lower than for some larger breds, this does not mean that their saliva is less messy. Whenever a Frenchie does slobber, it has a tendency to spurt out of their mouths as soon as they tilt their heads. To put it simply, it does not take much for a French Bulldog’s slobber to end up all over you or your house!
Dealing with Excess Saliva
As mentioned, the amount of slobber produced can be managed with a little bit of effort. Here are some tips to help:
- Keep Your Frenchie Calm: Keeping your Frenchie calm and relaxed will greatly reduce the amount they slobber. This means avoiding situations that may cause them to become overly excited or nervous such as loud noise.
- Keep Their Mouth Clean: Just like humans, having a clean mouth will make your French Bulldog less likely to slobber. You should brush their teeth each day, as well as cleaning their gums to prevent plaque build-up.
- Manage Drinking: Frenchies have a tendency to gulp down water, so it is important to manage the amount they can consume at a time. Additionally, cutting back on sugary drinks may reduce the amount your Frenchie slobbers. Having a bowl with a dish on top to prevent gulping may also help.
In conclusion, French Bulldogs do have the potential to slobber, although it is less likely to be at the excessive level of some larger breeds. Whilst it is normal for French Bulls to produce some saliva, it can easily become a messy affair if not managed correctly. Fortunately, the tips above should get you started on the right track to reducing the amount your French Bulldog slobbers.
Related Info And Products:
- Do Blue French Bulldogs Shed?
- How Long Do French Bulldogs Grow?
- Do French Bulldogs Drink A Lot Of Water?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Fart?
- Do French Bulldogs Need Glands Expressed?
- How Many Puppies Do French Bulldogs Have?
- Do French Bulldogs Shed A Lot?
- Do French Bulldogs Have To Be Artificially Inseminated?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Sleep So Much?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Snort?
- How Much Do French Bulldogs Sleep?
- What Do French Bulldogs Usually Die From?
- What Health Problems Do French Bulldogs Have?
- Do French Bulldogs Make Good Pets?
- Why Do French Bulldogs Fart Smell So Bad?