Traveling with a pet, especially a dog, can cause many people stress. The last thing you want is for your cute little French Bulldog to be denied access when you try to take them with you on a plane. You may be wondering, “Can French Bulldogs Go On Planes?” To make it easier to travel with your French Bulldog, it’s important to know what airlines allow them and understand their policies.
Can French Bulldogs Fly?
Yes, French Bulldogs can fly on airplanes, although it is not recommended for their safety. Most airlines allow small dogs in carrier bags as part of their checked baggage allowance, and many also allow them in the cabin with their owners. However, due to their brachycephalic nature, it is recommended that French Bulldogs travel in cargo where temperature and other conditions can be controlled, rather than the cabin.
Most Airlines Allow Small Dogs as Checked Baggage
Most airlines will allow small-breed dogs to travel as part of their checked baggage allowance. The dog must be in a hard-sided kennel small enough to fit underneath the seat in front of you. Dogs must also have an adequate ventilation system so that the animal remains safe in flight.
Some airlines do not accept pets as checked baggage if the flight is over eight hours. To find out an individual airline’s policy, you can look it up on their website before booking a flight with your French Bulldog.
Most Airlines Also Allow Dogs in the Cabin
Many airlines will allow small dogs to travel with their owners in the cabin as long as they are in an approved pet carrier. The carrier must meet specific size requirements and be able to fit under the seat in front of you. The dog must stay in the carrier during the flight, so make sure you have something to keep them warm and comfortable.
Again, some airlines may not allow animals onboard long flights so make sure you research the airline specific policies before booking your flight.
French Bulldogs Should not Travel in the Cabin with their Owners
Although it may be tempting to take your French Bulldog with you in the cabin, their breathing can be impacted by the stress and change in air pressure during the flight. For that reason, it is not recommended that they travel in the cabin. It’s best to opt for cargo travel, as the temperature and environment are more controlled in that space.
Tips for Flying With Your French Bulldog
Before flying with your French Bulldog, there are a few things you should do to make the journey a safe and successful one:
- Make sure you have an up-to-date health certificate from your vet, which is required for the animal’s safety
- Have an absorbent bed and blanket so that your pup is comfortable during the flight
- Bring along toys and treats that your pup loves to help keep them calm and entertained during the flight
- Give them some exercise and potty breaks before the flight to make sure they aren’t too tired and don’t need to leave the carrier during the flight
While it is possible to fly with your French Bulldog, it may be a safer option to leave them with a family member or pet sitter while you travel. Keeping an eye on the temperature in the cargo hold and making sure your pup is comfortable while waiting to board can help avoid any potential difficulties. Understanding the individual airline policies and having the right paperwork on hand can also make the journey smoother and safer for you and your pup.
Overall, as long as you are aware of the airline specific policies and take certain precautions, flying with your French Bulldog can be a safe and enjoyable experience.
Related Info And Products:
- Can French Bulldogs Fly On Planes?
- Can I Bring My French Bulldog On A Plane?
- Can French Bulldogs Fly In Cabin?
- Is It Safe For French Bulldogs To Fly?
- Can You Fly With French Bulldogs?
- Can My French Bulldog Fly In Cabin?
- Can A French Bulldog Fly In Cabin?
- Can I Fly With My French Bulldog?
- When Does French Bulldogs Ears Go Up?
- Can French Bulldogs Fly In Cargo?
- When Do French Bulldogs Go Into Heat?
- When Do French Bulldogs Ears Go Up?
- Can You Fly With A French Bulldog?
- How Often Do French Bulldogs Go Into Heat?
- How Much Do French Bulldogs Go For?